kraken-maid asked: Ooo, Avatar.
1. The first character I first fell in love with.
It was easily Iroh. The guy has the most Swag in the nation.
2. The character I never expected to love as much as I do now
Sokka and Toph. I didn’t like either of them to begin with but they eventually became two of my favourite characters in the show.
3. The character everyone else loves that I don’t
I don’t poke my head in on the Avatar fandom because they terrify me, so I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Zuko?
4. The character I love that everyone else hates
Again, I have no idea.
5. The character I used to love but don’t any longer
Aang, largely because they did a lot of flip flopping with his character development during the first half of Fire. With a bit of distance I can see that it’s a lot to do with his age, and his character being age appropriate but It irked me a lot during the show.
6. The character I would totally smooch
7. The character I’d want to be like
Iroh. He’s just got this calm centre even when he’s being faced with abuse and torture.
8. The character I’d slap
9. A pairing that I love
I really like Sokka and Suki, and I really like that they didn’t skirt around the idea of them being a little more intimate than we’d generally be comfortable seeing in a cartoon, especially those of us who are adults. It made the whole thing seem more real.
10. A pairing that I despise
…from what I’ve seen people like the idea of Zuko and Katarra… why?!?