Why I think Ferguson/St. Louis police tried to kill us
I went to #FergusonOctober with a Bronx Hip Hop group named the Rebel Diaz Art Collective, who I appreciate very much for taking us. We went in a NYC van (remember this) and stayed for 3 days (Oct. 10-13) and finally headed out Monday night to come back to NYC. A few hours after we left, however, our back wheel literally fell off on our way to New York City from #FergusonOctober, and some of us think the cops did it. We don’t want to believe that, but it isn’t a far fetched idea. Here’s why:
Basically, as we left Ferguson, we felt a repetitive thumping noise coming from the back of the car. This only happened when the car would slow down, not when it accelerated, leading us to believe that there was something wrong with the brakes. Mind you, this was a brand new noise. We didn’t hear it coming into Ferguson. After consulting a few mechanics, they told us our brakes were basically done, and that it was essentially metal on metal the rest of the way whenever the car slowed down or would brake.
Then, when the wheel actually fell off, another mechanic told us that the wheel bolts were either too tight or too loose, leading some of the bolts to come off. We asked another mechanic how possible it would be for someone to simply loosen the bolts, and he said it was an easy thing for anyone to do, and that it only takes a few minutes to accomplish.
On our way home, we analyzed how the fuck our back wheel could have rolled right off, and we are seriously considering that police targeted us for 5 reasons:
- Two other NYC vans (remember?) were robbed during #FergusonOctober. One of them was my friend’s van actually, and it was robbed TWICE in St. Louis: 1st time $7k worth of video equipment & laptops were taken, 2nd time IDs were stolen. Other valuables like lenses were left behind. Seems like they were specifically looking for identity information on people. Maybe they were looking for us too? Modern day COINTELPRO anyone?
- Following this robbery, police were all of a sudden checking IDs at checkpoints in St. Louis. Coincidence?
- We were followed on our last day in #FergusonOctober by someone, we don’t know who, but we immediately think the cops, feds, or agents. Who’s the real criminal here?
- Some bolts on our wheel were loose & 4 bolts fell off as we left #FergusonOctober, fully damaging brakes & rear end axle. This is really dangerous because at any point of us driving, the wheel could have sparked due to metal on metal grinding and caused a fire with the oil/gasoline, OR the rear end could have locked up, the wheel could have flown off, and we would’ve been going 70 mph on a highway at night in the rain until gravity, friction, and/or any object decided to stop us. (Luckily one of our friend’s sisters is a mechanic and warned us to drive no more than 40 mph and take hourly breaks to keep the metal from burning up).
- Our van was squeaky clean & checked before leaving to #FergusonOctober, with 4 brand new wheels installed months prior.
now you tell me this shit aint fucked up. we don’t have full evidence, we can only speculate, but there is a loooooooong history of dirty secrets buried up about police surveillance with COINTELPRO and how the FBI infiltrated and sabotaged the Black Power Movement of the late 1960s/early 1970s by doing shit like this, through intimidation, harassment, and flat out terrorism.
AND, i wouldn’t put it passed the Ferguson/St. Louis police to be guilty of attempted murder of 10 individuals. Hey, they’re already guilty of murdering Mike Brown, no?
THEY THINK IT’S A GAME!
THEY THINK IT’S A JOKE!